- (n) Rough, tough and dangerous: a bus that travels in the
ghetto is called because people are getting robbed or mugged
on a regular basis. The former name for the Los Angeles County
Mass Transit (Bus) was Rapid Transit District.
- (n) Short for rabbi. "Told a rab get off the rag"
-- Public Enemy (Welcome to the Terrordome)
- (v) To betray. "Why did Judas rat to Romans while Jesus
slept?" -- Genius (4th chamber)
- rat pack
- (n) A bum rush. "Like some pussy, or in fact, a bum
rush, but we call it rat pack, on a nigga for nothing at all"
-- N.W.A. (Gangsta, gangsta ).
- (adj) Showing the pure essence of pure hip hop.
- real McCoy
- 1) (n) The orignal, not a fake. One real McCoy was a late
19th century boxer who fought under the name Kid McCoy and was
so good that other fighters adopted the name, whereupon he had
to bill himself as "the real McCoy". Or, it was Scotch
whisky, made by A. & M. MacKay of Glasgow. In the UK the saying
is "the real MacKay". Another idea is that the expression
came from heroin originating from Macao (Dictionary of Cliches,
pg.215). Yet another explanation is the American scientist Eligah
McCoy, who had several inventions well known throughout the African
American community in America. If you owned anything during those
days, you wanted it to be "the real McCoy".
2) (n) A 1967 Jazz CD by McCoy Tyner, a pianist.
- really doe
- (interj) Wrong spelling of "Really though", used
to emphasize a point. Ice Cube (Really doe).
- red rum
- (n) Murder spelled backwards.
- (n) See marijuana. (1920s-1960s) Marijuana wrapped in cigarette
paper, may be a variant of Mexican "grefa" (Juba to
Jive, pg. 380).
- reel to reel
- 1) (n) Really real.
2) (n) Reality.
3) (n) The big tape used for studio recording and the machine
that runs it.
- Remy Martin
- (n) A brand of cognac. "I've got to get the chronic,
some Remy Martin, and my soda pop" -- Dr. Dre (Let me ride
- (v) New big hip-hop word. Means just what you think it means.
"Represent!" -- NAS (Represent )
- (n) Derogatory term for a member of the Crips, an L.A. gang.
- (n) A vehicle. "So we rode in his ride" -- Ice-T
(Bitches 2 [??]).
- (v) See step to.
- (v) Old street slang - to steal, stolen, to take agressively.
- road dog
- (n) A good friend, someone who you always hang out with.
"Yo dick on hard, for fuckin' your road doggs" -- Dr.
Dre (The Chronic ).
- 1) (n) Crack.
2) (v) To have sexual intercourse.
3) (n) Biblical. Alcatraz, Jamaica...
4) (v) To wear, "I was rocking my brand new Nikes".
5) (n) Diamond. "And them rings you wearin' look like they
got a few rocks on 'em" -- Eminem (Rock Bottom )
- rock star
- (n) Crack addict
- 1) (n) A joint (see marijuana).
2) (v) To blast off into a high when smoking a joint.
- Rodney King
- 1) (n) Rodney King was beaten up by police when he was placed
under arrest. The whole incident was videotaped, leading to the
infamous "Rodney King trials", where the police officers
were under trial for assault and battering. The outcome of the
trial was not satisfactory to many people in LA, leading to the
LA riots of 1992.
2) (n) To pull a Rodney King: To initiate police brutality. "He'll
probably pull me over and I laugh, pull a Rodney King and I'll
blast at his punk ass" -- Tupac (Souljah's Revenge ).
- 1) (v) To hang with a given person or crowd. "I'm rollin'
with the new jack crew" -- Ice-T (Newjack hustler ).
2) (v) To roll on someone means to beat someone up.
3) (v) To roll a joint.
4) (v) To drive one's car in the neighborhood with a certain
style or finesse.
- roll up
- (v) To arrive on a scene.
- (n) Rolling papers.
- Rolling 60's
- (n) Notorious South Central Crip set.
- (n) An expensive Rolex watch. "She got the matching
Roly-O" -- Hot Boys (I Need A Hot Girl [????])
- ruff neck
- (n) A round the way guy that keeps it real and knows the
streets. "Gotta what yo gotta get a ruff neck" -- MC
Lyte (Ruff neck [??]).
- 1) (v) Bogard, physically assault.
2) (v) After taking drugs , one often gets a rush
- 1) (adj) Tough, hard, stopping at nothing. "Drop him
in his tracks so hip that I am ruthless" - Eazy-E (It's
on Dr. Dre 187 um killa )
2) (n) Ruthless Records is Eazy-E's record company.
- Empfehlungen zum weitersurfen:
Das älteste unkommerzielle eMag Deutschlands!
Sticker, Snippets, etc. gratis per Post!
- Alles zum Thema: Locations, Stores, Dates, Mp3, etc.
Infos zu regelmäßigen
Clubs und Jams
- Votet gelegendlich bei folgenden "Toplisten"
für uns, damit dies hier auch in Zukunft weiter ausgebaut
wird! [Auch gut zum weitersurfen..]
- HipHop.de Top 100
- Mzee Rec. Top 50
- Rapz.de Top 50