- (n) North Carolina "New York, North Kakalaka and Compton."
-- A Tribe Called Quest (Scenario [??]).
- (n) A brand of hat. LL Cool J used to wear this along with
other east coast rappers. It has a kangaroo on the side, but
brothers wore them with the 'roo in front. "Went back in,
I forgot my Kangol" -- Slick Rick and Doug E. Fresh (Ladidadi).
- (n) Short for "Karl Kani," which is a clothes label
popular in the hood.
- (n) Radio station that broadcasted from Crenshaw in South
Central LA, and was devoted to local underground Hip Hop. The
musical director of KDAY was Greg Mack, and he single handedly
turned NWA from an unknown group to superstars. It signed Dr.
Dre and DJ Yella in 1983 to broadcast their own Mix Show, as
the Wreckin' Crew. "It (KDAY) was percieved as a Rap station
cause we played rap no one else would" (Greg Mack, as interviewed
by Brian Cross in the book "It's not about a salarie").
KDAY was sold in 1990, and was turned into a business network.
The defunct radio station symbolizes to a lot of rappers coming
out of LA area the shutting down of black voice in America. "This
is K-Eazy E, wassup y'all this is Greg Mack, Mack Attack"
-- Eazy-E (Radio ).
- (n) Kilo, often used in conjuction with cocaine. "Dope,
like a pound or a key" -- N.W.A. (Tell 'em what your name
- (n) Hip-hop clothing, brown/tan colored pants. "Wearin
ghackis, mob while ya ryhme, little fag tried to sag" --
Eazy-E (Real Motherphuckkin' G's ).
- (n) See sneakers.
- 1) (n) See marijuana. "Crack another 40, smoke some
kill" -- Schoolly D. (Smoke some kill).
2) (n) To be dope on the microphone.
- (n) A pest. "Leave Flavor Flav alone, knocka" --
Public Enemy (Cold lampin' with Flavor ).
- knocking boots
- (v) To have sexual intercourse. The knock refers to the man's
hips hitting the woman's ass, which produces a slapping sound.
The motion litterally knocks her boots (buttocks). "Bring
your friend, I likes you two's I'll knock the boots, the sneakers
and the house shoes." -- Digital Underground (Flowing on
the D-line [??]).
- knuckle up
- (v) Prepare to fight, by closing and raising ones fists.
- [kitty] cat
- (n) Vagina.
- Empfehlungen zum weitersurfen:
Das älteste unkommerzielle eMag Deutschlands!
Sticker, Snippets, etc. gratis per Post!
- Alles zum Thema: Locations, Stores, Dates, Mp3, etc.
Infos zu regelmäßigen
Clubs und Jams
- Votet gelegendlich bei folgenden "Toplisten"
für uns, damit dies hier auch in Zukunft weiter ausgebaut
wird! [Auch gut zum weitersurfen..]
- HipHop.de Top 100
- Mzee Rec. Top 50
- Rapz.de Top 50