- D's, Dayton's
- (n) An expensive brand of alloy wheels. "Rollin' in
my fo' on D's, hittin' the switches" Dr. Dre (Let me ride
- D-Town, The D
- (n) Detroit, with its own sound, D-Funk.
- (n) Police term: "dead on arrival".
- (n) Acronym for "death row". "For you's a
fool D.R." -- Dr Dre (Still D-R-E )
- (n) See marijuana. "Go on and hit the dank" --
- 1) (n) Sort of high-five type of handshake. "Gimme a
dap, I'll give you one back" -- Ice T. (Ziplock )
2) (n) Dignity and Pride, old slang (think 70's here).
- dead presidents
- (n) Money. Most American dollarbills have a former president
of the United States on them. "I'm out for dead presidents
to represent me" -- NAS (The world is yours ).
- deal with
- (v) To take care of business.
- 1) (n) A unit of measure. "It was a crew four deep"
-- D-Nice (??).
2) (n) A hip hop clothing manufacturer (X-Large).
3) (adj) Heavy in the hippy sense of the word.
- 1) (adj) Really good, the bomb. The word has been officially
buried by BET. "But you still think our music is def, right?"
-- De La Soul (Brain washed follower [??]).
2) (adj) the standard of excellence.
3) (adj) Some more info on def: comes from the expression "Death
O.J." but I think first used on record in "Rapper's
Delight". As Nelson George defines it:"In "Rapper's
Delight" the term "Death OJ" is used. In current
slang "death" means something good, while "OJ"
is a reference to a big car: Erstwhile football star and all-around
adman O.J. Simpson does Hertz commercials featuring Ford and
Lincoln Mercury cars. If we add "death" to Ford and
Lincoln Mercury cars (leaving out any disrespectful reference
to Pintos), we come up with the "Rapper's Delight"
character driving off in a Lincoln Continental." From _Buppies,
B-Boys, Baps & Bohos: Notes on Post-Soul Black Culture_ by
- Def Jam
- 1) (n) A great record.
2) (n) One of the first big labels for rap artists, founded by
Rick Rubin, led by Russels Simmons.
- (n) "Delf" was quoted for the first time by Parrish
Smith when EPMD's last album was released in 1992. It was in
a Source interview and it's about the same as "self"
like going for delf (self). "Release yo delf" -- Da
Method Man (Release yo delf ).
- 1) (n) A "deuce deuce" is a .22 caliber handgun.
"About to get loose with the deuce deuce" -- Ice Cube
(Gangsta fairytale II ).
2) (n) 20 ounce of liquor.
- (n) an enemy, usually white people. "The devil made
me do it" -- Paris (the devil made me do it) [??].
- (n) penis. "Mister Big Dick, who do you think you are?"
-- Schoolly D. (Mr. Big Dick).
- 1) (v) To understand; "can you dig it?"
2) (v) To like.
- dig out
- (v) To have sexual intercourse. "By 2 am. I was diggin'
her out" -- Ice Cube (Ghetto bird ).
- (n) Pistol. "Made a move for my Dillon; and all I remember
the Gangsta Lean was killin'" -- ?? (??? [??]).
- 1) (n) Ten dolar bag of marijuana. Due to price variations
the price may actually be higher for the same bag.
2) (n) "To drop a dime", to fink. The term has probably
descended from the time when phone calls were 10 cents, and is
related to the notion of moving gossip quickly, as one would
drop a dime into the phone to make a call.
3) (n) Ten as in a rating on a woman's beauty. "Slaying
- 1) (v) Dipping is what a car with a hydraulic suspension
does. "Set trippin', fo' dippin'" -- Ice Cube (Friday
2) (v) To pay more attention to other people's business than
to one's own.
3) (v) To leave, "Yo, let's dip to the mall".
4) (adj) Dressed in the latest fashion, "looking fresh dipped".
- (v) Insult or thwart in a social manner, short for disrespect.
"Challenge BDP, you'll get dissed, expect it" -- Boogie
Down Productions (Part time sucker ).
- (n) Disc Jockey, means MC in Jamaica. "My DJ Derek B
is best" -- Derek B. (Get down [??]).
- (n) See down low.
- 1) (n) Hairdo.
2) (v) Having sex.
3) (v) Killing someone.
- 1) (v) To tear something up like a dog would do.
2) (v) To insult someone in front of his friends.
3) (v) To have sex the doggy way. "You don't love me, you
just love my doggy style" -- Snoop Doggy Dog (What's My
4) (n) a form of addressing: "Whatup dog?", not meant
to be offensive
5) (n) a friend, "That's my Dog". Road ~: West Coast
gangsta for friend.
- doing a buck 50
- (v) To speed or get out of a bad situation. Derived from
a "buck", or dollar. A buck fifty would then be 1.50,
referring to doing 150 miles per hour.
- (n) Like delf/self, dolo/solo. I go for dolo -- ??? (?? [??]).
- (n) A person's big head, skull, gun against your head.
- 1) (n) Narcotics.
2) (adj) Great, addictive.
- (n) Seller of narcotics. "If you see somebody getting
pussy for crack, he's the dopeman, dopeman" -- N.W.A. (Tha
- Double 99
- (n) The street East 99th and St. Clair in Cleveland. Home
of the group Bone Thugs'n Harmony.
- double deuce juice
- 1) (n) 22 oz of cold 45 ml beer.
2) (n) Colt 45 (the Billy D. juice).
- (n) Money. "Don't you know when the dough get low, the
juice go" -- Mobb Deep (Survival of the fittest [??]).
- down low
- (n) Covert, secret, "hush hush", derived from low
- down with
- (adv) To be down with: to be sympathetic to something, or
to be friends with someone.
- (n) Dogg pound gangsta.
- (n) Pants, underpants.
- (adj) Sometimes pronounced "drawlin'", Philly slang
meaning that one is acting in such a way as to draw attention
to oneself in public, usually in an embarrassing manner.
- (n) A gang form of execution; armed with guns they drive
by their victims, take a shot at them, and drive off. "With
your drive-by's it took time to getcha, but now I'm gonna wetcha"
-- Ice Cube (I'm gonna wetcha )
- (n) Convertible car. "Long as everybody get crunk
in the drop" -- Lil Bow Wow (Bounce with me ).
- drop science, drop knowledge
- (v) To demonstrate wisdom or skill. "I'm droppin' science"
-- 7a3 (Coolin' in Cali) 
- Dropping a Dime
- (v) Informing.
- (n) Dick sucking lips; oral sex.
- (n) Car wheel rims. "can I get a WOOP WOOP to these
niggaz from all my bitches who don't got love for niggaz without
doves" -- Jay Z (Can I get a...[????])
- (n) Money, from "ducats": coins. He's gettin' juiced
for his duckets" -- N.W.A. (I ain't the one ).
- dukey rope
- (n) Fat gold chain.
- (v) To act stupid, from the english "dumb". "Ya
dummin'" -- Funkdoobiest (You're dummin').
- 1) (n) Used like the word son. "What up, dun?"
-- Nas (Represent ).
2) (adj) Very dark, used in a negative setting as in dark and
ugly. "They always let the motherfucking dun nigger hold
the cash." -- Lil Kim (Queen Bitch [????]).
- (v) To use PCP, a strong hallucinogen that reportedly makes
one almost inhumanly strong, also known as "Angel Dust".
"Like the Hudson on PCP, when I'm dustin'" -- Wu-Tang
Clan (Proteck ya neck ).
- Dutch Master
- (n) Dutch Master is a brand of cigars. When rolling a serious
blunt, the tobacco is removed from a cigar and replaced with
marijuana. "Slit a nigga back like a Dutchmasta killa"
-- Wu-Tang Clan (???).
- (n) Derogatory term for lesbian. "Dumb ass hooker ain't
nuttin' but a dyke" -- N.W.A. (Gangsta Gangsta )
- Empfehlungen zum weitersurfen:
Das älteste unkommerzielle eMag Deutschlands!
Sticker, Snippets, etc. gratis per Post!
- Alles zum Thema: Locations, Stores, Dates, Mp3, etc.
Infos zu regelmäßigen
Clubs und Jams
- Votet gelegendlich bei folgenden "Toplisten"
für uns, damit dies hier auch in Zukunft weiter ausgebaut
wird! [Auch gut zum weitersurfen..]
- HipHop.de Top 100
- Mzee Rec. Top 50
- Rapz.de Top 50