- 1) (n) Partner, friend.
2) (n) Pussy. "The P is free" -- BDP (The P is free)
3) (n) Posse.
- (n) Paris. "P-Dog comin' up, I'm staying low" --
Paris (The devil made me do it).
- (n) Music of the George Clinton time period. Parliament Funkadelic
was a group in that era and it included such artists as George
Clinton and Bootsy Collins.
- (n) Paterson.
- (n) Public Enemy.
- 1) (n) Paid on delivery.
2) (n) Passed over-dosed; a deceased person due to an drug over-dose.
- (n) Park Side Killers, Philadelphia gang of which Schoolly
D. used to be a member. "P.S.K., we're makin' that green"
-- Schoolly D. (P.S.K. (what does it mean?)).
- PA, PAT
- (n) Port Arthur, Texas. Referred to throughout UGK and Point
- (n) House, home, place where you live. "It's like that
and its like this I took her to the pad and we started to kiss..."
-- Eazy-E (Gimme that nutt [??]).
- (n) Gun. "Say why ya creep without a muthaphuckin paddle"
-- Lady or Rage (Lyrical Gangbang ).
- (v) Hydraulics maneuver where a car goes from all wheels
high to all wheels low. "Pancake, front-to-back, side-to-side,
and all that shit" -- Dr. Dre (Let me ride ).
- (n) Money. "...and we're getting papers, three months
later we run our own caper" -- Boogie Down Productions (Love's
gonna getcha ).
- (v) West coast slang for partying or having a good time.
Comes from the French word "parler", which means talking.
- Pat Duke
- 1) (n) Patty Duke, an old sitcom television show. "On
the stoop doing the Pat Duke" -- Ol' Dirty Bastard (Don't
you know ).
2) (n) A popular dance style from the late 80's.
- 1) (n) That's what rap is all about for all you mentally
2) (interj) Farewell bidding.
- (n) Derogatory term for a white person.
- (n) What comes off when peeling a cap. "The bigger the
cap, the bigger the peelin'" -- Ice Cube (Steady mobbin'
) Note that Cube is paraphrasing a Parliament line, where
GC says "The bigger the headache, the bigger the pill",
but the way he says it, "pill" comes out sounding like
- peeling caps
- (v) Killing someone by shooting him, shots to the head often
disfigure it in such a way that the cranium is "peeled back".
"One wrong move and your cap's peeled" -- Ice T. (O.G.
- (v) Check this out (as in peep this).
- (n) People. "To all my peeps who didn't make it"
-- Nas (The world is yours ).
- (n) Penitentiary, jail. "To all of my peoples in the
pens, keep ya head up" -- Lost Boyz (Lex Coupes, Beamaz
and Benz's [??]).
- (n) Police -- E-40 (???).
- (v) To beat someone up. "I'm ready to pep ya".
- 1) (adj) Rich like butter, really good, extremely well put
together. "ATCQ be putting together some phat beats"
-- ??? (???)
2) (adj) If a girl was phat, she had Plenty o' Hips And Thighs,
in other words PHysically ATtractive; old slang. Think 60's or
early 70's here. A bit more modern: Pussy, Hips And Tits or even
Pretty Hot And Tempting.
- phat pocket
- (n) A person who has a lot of money
- (n) Philadelphia. Home of Schoolly D., Da Youngstas, The
Fresh Prince, Tuff Crew, The Roots, DJ Ghetto, Bahamadia.
- (n) Vagina.
- 1) (n) A firearm.
2) (n) A work of graffiti art (short for masterpiece).
3) (n) Sexual intercourse. "I'm gonna go get me a piece."
- (n) Police officer. "pig" as a synonym for policeman"
has been around for about two hundred years (according to "Partridge's
Concise Dictionary of Slang and Unconventional English").
It did, however, disappear in the late nineteenth century (or,
as the dictionary says "go underground" though I'm
not sure what they mean by that) and reappear in common usage
around 1960. I know that during Prohibition speakeasies who had
bribed the local police to not bother them were called "blind
pigs" (The Blind Pig bar here in Ann Arbor actually used
to be such a place). I suspect that the term has been used to
mean any kind of unpleasant person since humans started domesticating
- 1) (n) Boss of prostitutes.
2) (v) To be a ladies man.
- (n) The Projects.
- (n) Dreadlocks.
- 1) (v) To go along with. "I don't think so. Homey don't
play that" -- Homey the Clown in "In Living Colour".
2) (v) To fool. "You can't buy no relationship. You played
yourself." -- Ice-T (You played yourself [??]).
3) (n) Action.
- play ball
- (v) To play basketball. "Got a pair that I wear when
I'm playin' ball" -- RUN-DMC (My Adidas).
- play yourself
- (v) To reveal a weakness, as in poker when you played your
cards too early. "No friends 'cause you dissed 'em too,
no money, no crew, you're through. You played yourself"
-- Ice T. (You played yourself)
- played out
- (n) Old.
- 1) (n) Someone who is "true to the game", ie. someone
who never sold out. "To Chuck, Flava and Griff... You're
true players" -- Ice-T (M.V.P.'s).
2) (n) A kind of playboy, so a player is good at picking up honeys.
3) (n) "Players" is a black-oriented adult men's magazine.
- player hater
- (n) One who despises or speaks ill of another because he
does not have any game of his own.
- player's ball
- (n) A party for players. Outkast mentions it.
- 1) (n) Police officer, parole officer or probation officer.
"dven pack my gatt when I go to see my P.O." -- Mobb
Deep (The infamous posse [??]).
2) (adj) Piece out.
3) (v) Pissed off, angry.
- (n) The police, from Oakland Police Department. "Yeah
it was po-po, and that's OPD for those who don't know" --
Raw Fusion (?? [????])
- point blank
- 1) (adj) At close range.
2) (adj) Right now, right here, in your face. Used when someone
is trying to prove a point or something.
- Poly Apartments
- (n) An apartment project at the west side of Long Beach.
Was home for artists like the Twinz and Warren G: "Poly
Apartments for tha niggaz that ain't from the LB" -- The
Twinz (Good Times ).
- (v) To shoot someone. "I'm a pop a cap in him"
-- Jules in the movie "Pulp Fiction"
- popping collars
- (v) To really show off and signify their importance to others,
people pop the collar of their shirt. "Around here we
pop them collars" -- Lil Bow Wow (Bounce with me )
- (n) A group of people you hang out with. This doesn't necessarily
mean a gang. "They got too, too, too much posse" --
Public Enemy (Too much posse [??])
- (n) See marijuana. "Must have been drinking, 'cause
this ain't pot" -- Cypress Hill and Sonic Youth (Mary Jane
- (n) Term to address a person, compare partner. "What's
now up potna" -- Menace 2 Society.
- power U
- (n) Vagina. "On top of that you got the good power U"
-- Method Man & Mary J. Blige (You're all I need ).
- 1) (n) A joint laced with crack, west coast term. The east
coast equivalent is "turbo". See also marijuana.
2) (n) Friend.
3) (n) Nickname for DJ Premier.
- Private Stock
- (n) A brand of malt liquor.
- project gold
- (n) Huge gold hoop earrings.
- (n) An abbreviation of "propers" or proper respects.
A show sits on physical and non-physical props. At an award ceremony
the winner gives props: "And I would like to thank...".
- (n) Wine that inmates make in prison.
- 1) (n) Dupe. Check out 70's basketball commentary. Dr. J
and especially Nate Archibald used to do dribbling moves to psych
out opponents. Psych as in psychological head trips they threw.
2) (interj) I duped you.
- puff lye
- (v) To smoke a medicinal herb, i.e. marijuana. "Life's
a bitch and then you die, that's why we puff lye" -- NAS
(Life's a bitch and then you die )
- 1) (n) Pump of a pump-action shotgun "Sawed off shotgun,
hand on the pump" -- Cypress Hill (Hand on the pump )
2) (n) To play music loud.
- 1) (n) Vagina.
2) (n) Sex, this is used more commonly.
3) (n) A Jamaican dance, the art of moving your stomach and behind
on the dancefloor.
- 1) (n) A person related to the Punk movement or the Punk
2) (n) A stupid, usually irritating person. "Motherfuck
you and your punk ass ghetto bird." -- Ice Cube (Ghetto
- (n) Vagina.
- 1) (n) Prostitute.
2) (n) Asshole. "How you like me now, puto" -- Cypress
Hill (Locotes [??]).
- Empfehlungen zum weitersurfen:
Das älteste unkommerzielle eMag Deutschlands!
Sticker, Snippets, etc. gratis per Post!
- Alles zum Thema: Locations, Stores, Dates, Mp3, etc.
Infos zu regelmäßigen
Clubs und Jams
- Votet gelegendlich bei folgenden "Toplisten"
für uns, damit dies hier auch in Zukunft weiter ausgebaut
wird! [Auch gut zum weitersurfen..]
- HipHop.de Top 100
- Mzee Rec. Top 50
- Rapz.de Top 50